Who has been a role model for you and why?
We asked our widow sisters to share their wisdom by answering this question; Who has been a role model for you and why?
- The late Judge Genevieve Blatt of Pennsylvania. I got to know her when I was a college intern. She passed in 1996 but I still think of her regularly. She was a strong and independent woman – always lived on her own, kind and gentle but tough (first woman elected to statewide office in PA – in 1954!!!). She taught me that it is crucial to have relationships but still be strong and independent. That has helped a lot these last two years without my husband. – Joanne
- My father. He was always safe and loving. – June
- My neighbor who is 94 years old. She’s been a widow for over 20 years. She maintains her own yard, house, it all… if she can do it, I can do it. – Wister on Instagram
- My grandmother. The epitome of endless unconditional love. – Tammie
- A friend who lost her husband to cancer. She takes one day at a time and told me the pain never goes away but our faith, family and friends are there to help. – Barb
- Harriet has been my role model. Hoping to meet her soon. Thanks mummy for words of encouragement. – Kajuju
- My sister who lost her husband and son to cancer. – Tee
- Nancy has been my sweet friend. I am thankful every day for her love and support! – CC