Widow Wisdom: What is one area of your life you can simplify right now?
We asked our widow sisters to share their wisdom by answering this question; What is one area of your life you can simplify right now?
- Decluttering! My kids and I had to move for financial reasons, so we decluttered some, but still have a lot of work to do. Less is more! – Dina
- I have no idea, except always short on money, always seems like something needs fixing. – Belinda
- Declutter and donate. It’s amazing what’s accumulated in this house in 25 years. I know I’ll be happier with less. – Vonnie
- I’m focusing on some renovation projects to keep my mind busy, engaged in the present, productive, and moving forward. – Deborah
- Removing things from my life that are not needed. It is a freeing feeling! – Marcyne
- Clearing out my closets of things I no longer need. The older we get, the less we want or need. All I want is to be content. – Tee
- I need to be kinder to myself. – Tonya
- Family drama. – Wister on Instagram
- After my husband died, I told the family they would need to reach out to me- that I wouldn’t be good at asking for help. But they didn’t- I needed to learn to ask, to be my own advocate for myself and my 1-year-old daughter. I did have amazing support from my parents- but needed to ask others. – Mary
- I took loads of things to different programs. Salvation Army, church thrift shop, Goodwill, and posted things for sale online. I still have so much to reduce. We had three houses when he died. I’ve sold them and moved into a new one with one of the kids. My husband collected a lot of stuff people aren’t buying. My goal is to downsize enough to live in an in-law suite. We are looking to move all three families into one house in the next five years. – Andi