Widow Wisdom: What Personal Trait are you Proud of?
We asked our widow sisters to share their wisdom by answering this question; What personal trait are you proud of?
- I’m resilient. I never knew how important it was until I needed to lean on it.
- Unmatched strong faith, which gave me everything I needed to put one foot in front of the other!
- Prayer and knowing everything most change – Alisa
- Perseverance – Claudine
- Tenacity – Christine
- Grace under pressure, kindness, resilience, compassion, and forgiveness. I learned to travel alone, share what I have with others less fortunate, understand fear and anxiety and give comfort, and forgive those who fail to understand just how devastating the loss of one’s lifelong partner is. And patience, I am grateful that I have patience, which I so sorely need to keep putting one foot in front of the other. – Barbara
- I haven’t given up. As hard as this is, I am still choosing to move forward, praise God for the good, and trusting Him in the bad. I’ve made it my mission to honor Vance (my husband) and Jehovah, and I’m doing my best to do that every day. – Kelsy
- Kindness, and I’m loving. – Paula
- Strength and independence. – Diane
- I tried to set an example for my kids by not drinking, not smoking, not using any drugs, by being honest and hardworking. – Tammie
- I am stubborn and can be a bullhead. I would rather try something myself first, and if I fail, then I ask for help. I am a widow…I am not helpless – Barb
- Diffusing a tense situation with humor and a calm demeanor. – Eileen
- Being responsible in times of great change even if it isn’t something you want or anticipated. – Karen
- I didn’t realize I’m a bit of a fireball. I’m a nice one until you are rather mean to me. My inner fireball keeps me going. – Leslie
- Common sense is my greatest strength…..I thank my mother for it. – Shelley