Widow Wisdom: What song inspires and uplifts YOU?
We asked our widow sisters to share their wisdom by answering this question; What song inspires and uplifts YOU?
- Many love songs which give me good and loving thoughts towards my deceased husband and bring back memories. – Kathy
- I’ll carry you home. Trisha Yearwood – Kathleen
- Probably wouldn’t be this way, LeeAnn Times.
- Florence and the Machine (just about any of it) Evanescence, Girl Maren Morris, Rise Up Those were my go-to then and now. – Heidi
- After I visit my late husband’s grave, I will sometimes turn on the radio. That first song is usually always relevant. One time I went to visit, and my sole question was, “is it really going to be OK? There are so many unknowns!” I didn’t turn the radio up as soon as I left the cemetery, but when I pulled out onto the 2 lane country road heading home, I hear the lyrics, “Am I going to turn out fine? You turn out fine. You turn out fine.” (Andy Grammer: Keep Your Head Up) – Dianne
- Rise by Andra Day – Ginny
- “I’ll See You Again” by Westlife AND “Who Knew? By Pink – Nancy
- “I Wish You Peace,” by the Eagles – Donna
- Always On My Mind by Elvis and Keeper Of The Stars by Tracy Byrd. – Barb
- Hold on to the memories by Disturbed. My son shared it with me very special – Diane.
- I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack – Bonnie
- Harvest Moon. Neil Young. My husband used to play it for me. – Debbie
- Tell Your Heart to Beat Again by Danny Gokey. It is so beautiful … written and sung by one who knows! – Mary
- One of my late hubby’s favorites, Chicago’s “Make Me Smile.” I know he wants me to go on and not be sad, to smile at what life has to offer. – Tee
- My Redeemer Lives by Nicole C Mullen and Me and Mr. Jones just because MY Mr. Jones used to sing it to me. – Barbara